Selling Your Home During A Pandemic
Wednesday, April 8, 2020
We at District Real Estate® never thought we would have to write a blog post on this topic during our lifetime, but here goes!
– As the pandemic plays out over the next few months, people will still need to buy and sell homes. Here are safety measures that District Real Estate® is putting in place to keep our buyers and sellers safe.
– No open houses. Washington, DC is restricting them at the moment.
– ALL NEW District Real Estate® listings will include a 3D TOURS so that buyers can “walk” through the property from the safety of their own home.
– In order to schedule a showing, a buyer’s agent will need to first provide a pre-approval letter proving the buyer is qualified.
– When a serious buyer is ready to see your home, we will ask that sellers not be present for the showing appointment. We will ask sellers to keep lights on and leave interior doors open to minimize contact with surfaces.
– We will ask the buyer’s agent to confirm that the buyer is not visibly sick.
– We will provide masks and gloves for the buyers and their agent to wear while touring the home.
– When the home goes under contract, any inspections (home inspection, appraiser, etc.) will be done with only a representative from District Real and the inspector present. The inspector can talk to the buyers over Facetime or other video app to inform the buyers.
– Closings will be much different than in the past! Our friends at District Title have updated their procedures to protect all parties. Though electronic signatures still aren’t an aren’t permissible , the team can send a mobile notary to your home or front lawn in order to obtain appropriate signatures. If for some reason parties need to settle at the title company, buyers and sellers will be in separate rooms, agents will be asked not to attend, social distancing will be in effect, and everyone gets a fresh pen.
With these safety precautions, we can all do our part to limit the spread of the coronavirus. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.